Saturday, June 13, 2009

Optimism and Pasta

I am feeling good about this upcoming week. It seems like it's going to be busy. Maybe (hopefully!) this is the week I find a full time job, or even a part time job doing what I want to do. In the meantime I went on a nice date with my boyfriend yesterday and was wined and dined and brought to see Star Trek, which, by the way, I really enjoyed. I never watched the tv show but I didn't feel I was really lacking any knowledge. I don't want to give anything away but it was really funny and touching in parts and I was (sadly, since it was such a manipulatively sappy scene) kind of crying a little at the very beginning. Not perfect or anything, and I didn't think the actor that played Spock did such a great job making him likeable, but definitely enjoyable overall.

And since I had a great lunch of Pasta Pesto today, I will share how to make that dish. Like most of what I make, it is really easy.

Ingredients : Olive Oil, Basil leaves, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Pasta

Throw some pasta of your choice into the boiling water. Get a food processor and toss a bunch of basil leaves and olive oil in. Just add olive oil a bit at a time until it's nice and saucy with the basil. Also add a bit of salt and a couple/few garlic cloves to taste. Maybe a little pepper if you like it. You're going to need a lot of basil, but the sauce will cover more pasta then you thought it would. Once the pasta is ready, drain it. Throw in some pine nuts and toss that with the sauce and warm pasta that you just drained. The pasta will warm up the sauce - no cooking of the sauce required. It is delicious and healthy and very summery.
Variations :
You can also put some sun dried tomatoes in the food processor and make a tomato/basil pesto sauce instead. You can also substitute the pine nuts for some (crumbled up) walnuts, though I haven't tried it that way yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment