Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Introduction

I've been really inspired by other women who blog, and I finally decided to take the plunge and start my own blog. I am not an expert in anything, but I am interested in everything so this blog is going to be a mix of recipes, random facts, cool tips and hints and just my thoughts and opinions on things. I'm in my mid 20s and still figuring a lot of things out, and I love the feedback a blog provides. The internet is not shy about giving their opinions, that's for sure. I'm hoping that people will be interested enough to write back and give me their thoughts (and recipes! I love food) on whatever the topic of the moment is.

I'm also hoping that writing will help me clarify my thoughts and goals to myself. I am currently fairly new to NYC and am still trying to get to know the city, to make new friends, and (most critically) to find my next paying gig. I've lived here about a year and am happy with what I've done but want to do sooo much more. I've met some great people, worked at a couple tv jobs, and eaten some great food. I'm also lucky enough that my boyfriend moved to NY when I did, so I have him to lean on when I need it. My goal for my second year in NY is to make some closer friends, move into a new apartment in a better location, and most importantly try to work more steadily. Being broke is no fun.

So that's me. Edited to add : Oh, and in case anyone is curious, the name of my blog refers to the fact that I absolutely love to travel but have no sense of direction and could get lost in a studio apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment