Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm Back!

Best Friend has left the state (boo) so after a weekend full of running around spending too much money, we are back to our regularly scheduled programming. I had a great time with her, and I hope she had a great time too.  As I spent Saturday working, and Sunday and Monday sniffing with a cold, I'm hoping that she was still able to get what she needed out of this vacation.  She took about a million pictures, so I'll post a couple once I get them, including some of our lovely champagne brunch on Sunday. MMM, nachos and alcohol before noon. Decadence.

I have also made my yearly pilgrimage to a house of worship, thereby hopefully insuring that if there is an afterlife, I make it in. If that is the case, I extend my thanks to Best Friend, as most of these pilgrimages are with her.  If that is not, well, churches are pretty. So good either way.

Next on the agenda: Mom's visit.

My mother and I frequently do not get along, so I'm frankly nervous about how we'll deal with each other on such close quarters without someone blowing up.  Even phone calls are kept to under five minutes usually. My little brother (who is wonderful and sweet) is coming along with her and they are all staying with me. So there will be three people and two cats in a little studio the size of a bedroom, with a bathroom that doesn't have a lock.  I'm not optimistic.  Does anyone out there have tips for dealing with difficult family members?

No comments:

Post a Comment