Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cake Carnage

Because she is a good friend the first full day she was here my best friend and I made cake.  A day later we made frosting - sometimes you have to wait for a good thing.  And then we ran around the city and ate food other people made for the next couple days, meaning that my boyfriend and I have been nibbling off the main cake like a pair of mice ever since she left.  No plates for us, that would be too much effort.  I present to you what is left of the cake:


It looks deceptively neat, but that is because we have been feasting on the other side. Yummy.  I made the frosting by basically throwing in a stick of butter, a couple cups of confectioner's sugar, a couple drops of vanilla, and a small cup of expresso and milk. No recipe, really, or measuring cups. Next time I might put a little less coffee and a little more butter, but overall pretty good.  The cake comes from a cookbook I have :

Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Fresh Cream, Sugar-Packed, No-Holds-Barred Baking Book 


Good Cookbook, although every time I try to make the mocha frosting in the book (with a food processor) the dairy products get all separated and I have to throw it away. I've kind of given up on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment