Thursday, August 20, 2009

What Would You Do?

Ok, internet, I'm looking for feedback. Am I being hyper-paranoid or was this guy actually a pervert? You tell me.

I was on the subway today, wearing my normal summer outfit of a (stretchy in this case) tank top and capris (see below). Nothing particularly scandalous or low cut, but showing a little skin.
I told you I'd be using my built in camera a lot.

As I sit there reading, I hear the click of a cell phone camera. Looking up I see an older man, could be a professor or businessman or something, fifties, innocently looking at the screen of his phone. The thing is the lens of his camera phone was pointed at my me. At my chest. Now, I don't know that he took a photo down my shirt but I was sitting and he was standing and that's what it looked like to me. Not being sure I restricted myself to catching his eye and glaring very pointedly at him before raising my book a little higher and continuing to read. If I was sure what he was doing I would have called him out, but I wasn't.

What would you have done? Have similar things happened to any of you out there? Frankly, with the stories you hear about the NYC subway, this is probably pretty tame, but it's still aggravating. I'm posting a picture of my outfit, sans head, in case it makes any difference, but even if I'd been sitting there in a bathing suit I don't think it makes creepy behavior ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment