Monday, July 27, 2009

NYC in the Summer

I just read an article on Yahoo News about some great free things to do during the summer in NYC. This is now my second summer here, but last year I was so stressed out by moving and finding that first job, and then working it, that I didn't actually do much in the city. This year I want to take advantage a bit more and the suggestions in the article seem like a really good place to start.

The new High Line park mentioned in the article just sounds so cool and fun and like such a New York version of a park that I can't wait to see it. And the $.50 oysters at South Side Seaport, well, let me put it this way. I've eaten two dozen oysters in a sitting before in about 2 minutes (you think I'm exaggerating?) and only been stopped from eating more from the horrified looks of the rest of my party. Also, I'm not sure if copious oyster eating isnt somehow bad for you, because it's better than candy and anything that good just has to be bad for you. But you better believe I will be there and if you hear that they ran out of oysters? Well, maybe they should have just had more in stock to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment