Thursday, December 10, 2015

Internet Created ADD

I never felt like I had difficulty concentrating when I was younger, but the older I get the more I bounce around from one "task" (is reading a website a task?) to the next every five minutes. I'll have six tabs open and it will take me an hour to write an email because I have to watch that Youtube video or read that one article or write an indignant follow up to that one stupid comment on that one blog or....whatever. Seriously.

Like, I read the Hobbit when I was 8 years old no problem and have basically spent my childhood in unmoving absorption of either a book or a movie, but I can't have a conversation on the telephone without doing five other things at the same time.  Focusing on a book in the subway for an hour is easy-peazy but focusing on sending one goddamn resume out takes multiple cups of coffees and several internet breaks. What gives?  I'm writing this blog post in order to avoid writing another email I'm trying to finish.  Can someone have adult onset ADD? Internet caused ADD? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment