Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It Has A Name!

Melasma!  The random square of dark skin on my forehead that I regularly complain about, which is caused by birth control and sun damage, is called Melasma.  There. We've all learned something today.

The main suggestion I found for treating it is just bleaching the area, which I don't really want to do. I'm not good at coloring within the lines. I'll end up with a frame of lighter skin around the original darker skin, knowing me. Hopefully, next time I see my doctor she'll have a solution for me, but in the meantime, has anyone out there dealt with this?

(I took a close up picture of my forehead to show you guys, but seriously, my forehead looks like 90 years old in it, square aside.  Maybe I need to start applying creams and potions. Yikes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment