Saturday, May 29, 2010

I can see!

So apparently I've been walking around with a super outdated eye prescription.  Now that I've spent $500 (gulp, omigod) on new glasses and contacts I'm expecting that investment to pay off with xray vision and a new job as a superhero.  It seems only fair.

In related news, I will soon be on the job prowl again as my freelance job is winding down.  Job hunting = oodles of fun.  I'm looking forward to it.  It's like playing the lottery, with hundreds of resumes going out and a response or two trickling in.  I guess it's good that I'm a qualified to be a superhero now.  See, the universe has its own timing.

On the home front, I've also managed to pick myself up the cutest little armchair from my aunt's apartment building.  It's from the 70s, and looks it, and once I steam clean it and get it properly situated I will take some pictures to post.  My boyfriend has mentioned, unflatteringly, that it makes him think of his grandparents old furniture but he's just bitter that he had to carry the thing onto the subway for me.  Bitter and jealous that it is MINE and not his.  Either that or he has sadly bad taste but I don't want to think that of him, so petty jealousy it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment