Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tomato Nation

  It's that time of year again.  The weather is warming up, the clothes are getting skimpier, and things are blooming.  I'm now in plant lust again, as happens every year, and am probably months late to be planting (as happens every year...).  This weekend is going to be my farmer's market weekend.  I'm going to cook, clean, plant and bake (myself, not anything edible - I need a tan).
  If I was feeling more poetic I could probably find some kind of analogy in the changing season for my current state of affairs.  Things in my life are approaching another transition, both professional and personal.  I have a lot going on and am trying to keep a lot of it private, both because I don't want to talk about things which involve other people and because a lot of things are still so up in the air I don't even know what to say.  And I don't want to talk to the internet about what I haven't even spoken to most of my friends about yet.  I'm a little nervous about what the future will bring, but am feeling a little more comfortable with things as they stand right now.  They won't stand there long of course but despite everything I'm maintaining a certain sense of zen.
  I started this blog for a reason, to write one thing every day and learn to put myself out there and connect with people.  I think every day might have been overly ambitious, but I will try for at least every week, if not more.
  Wow, this post was all over the place huh?  I'll see you this weekend. With my tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment