Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hmmm.

Surprisingly, my brilliant plan of working nights to leave my days open for job hunting and other things isn't going quite as well as planned. I overlooked one small detail - sleep.  Understandable oversight.  I have been coming home from work early, early in the morning and then spending (wasting) another hour or so online before passing out. Then I wake up just in time to dash off back to work, food time optional.  Rinse, repeat.  Yesterday it was shower or eat, so I showered.  Apparently I fear judgement more than I fear hunger.  Since I work 10 hour shifts generally and transportation eats another 2 hours (it sounds like a lot but it seems like it takes me an hour to get anywhere in NYC, no matter the borough), I really don't have a lot of time to do much else on days I work. And the day after I worked I'm recovering from it.

So.  I'm going to need to start managing my time better. Or sleeping less.  I'd love to only work 4 nights at the diner per week, so that I can actually use this job as planned - to pay the bills while I look for something in my field.  Right now they have me at 5, and I'm a little nervous about 1 week in asking for less hours.  However if I don't get my shit together and manage to use my days more productively, I'm going to have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment