Sunday, September 9, 2018

Living in Lala Land

So...I'm now an LA resident. And I have been, on and off, for a little while now. It seems crazy, since I was always mildly antagonistic towards Los Angeles based on nothing more than a high school trip. A perfectly pleasant trip, too, but LA just seemed so bland that it turned me off to the idea of living here for well over a decade.

But I'm here and, dare I say it, I actually am growing to like it quite a bit. It sneaks up on you. At first it's all strip malls and road construction. And then you find a couple cute little hiking trails and maybe wander through a farmer's market. And then you stake a claim on a couple of little brunch spots, and find a favorite taco truck. And all of a sudden the garbage-y streets of NYC aren't quite as appealing as they were before (though, don't get me wrong, part of my heart will always be in NY).

So, new adventures here. Big adventures. Job stuff, boy stuff, health stuff. It's all happening here, after a couple of years of just rebuilding and shoring up in New York. And I'm liking it, even as I hold my breath through some of the change and cross my fingers on some of the other stuff.

I don't know how often I'll update here, but I thought maybe it was time. Not that anyone is still reading, if anyone ever was. But here's a record anyway, maybe just for future me one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment