Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nope, still no grandkids

Is it weird that my mother is starting to hint that she wants me to have kids? And by lately I mean the last year or so. And by hint I mean tell me straight out I shouldn't wait too long and don't I want some before I'm thirty (I'm 26).

Let me add that while I'm in a committed relationship I am not married. And I'm still relatively poor - I live in a studio apartment and couldn't really afford anything bigger.

So I'm wondering what exactly the though process behind these hints is....because I'm pretty sure if I turned up pregnant, no one else would be cheering about it.

(In all fairness I do want kids before I'm thirty. But not being a magical fairy creature I can't pull money out of the sky, nor can I fast forward my relationship to a point that we're ready to have them.)  She's going to need to adopt another cat.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't figure out how people can afford to have kids... especially in NYC. It's cheaper to get a kid their own studio apartment than to put them in day-care (I wish that was a joke.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a mystery. I think babysitters might actually be cheaper which is crazy.

    ReplyDelete